At Mt. Olive, our music ministry supports and enhances the worship experience through music of both the past and the present.
- 8:00am – Traditional service with hymns and choral anthems
- 10:30am – Contemporary service with current and classic contemporary music and hymns
- 10:00am – (Fifth Sundays only) “One Voice” blended traditional and contemporary music service
The organ is played each week for the Traditional service, and at special services throughout the year, including Christmas and Easter.
The Adult Choir sings for the Traditional service on Sundays and for special services throughout the year. Rehearsals are held on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:00 pm., except during summer hiatus.
In addition to the choir and organist, special instrumentalists may also help in leading worship. If you are a singer or instrumentalist and wish to share your gifts with us, please contact music@ConnectWithJesus.org for more information.
The Praise Team leads music worship in the Contemporary Service. We play a variety of current and classic Contemporary Worship music and updated hymns, with a varying mix of guitars, keyboard, drums, and guest instrumentalists.
The Praise Team leads worship year-round, with rehearsals typically held on Thursdays at 7:00 pm. We are always looking for new talent – contact Karen Harris at (512) 288-2370 or at praise@ConnectWithJesus.org for more information.
Our Pipe Organ
- The organ was originally built by the Estey Organ Company of Vermont in 1925 as their opus 2327 for the First Baptist Church of Janesville, Wisconsin. It had 12 ranks of pipes.
- In 1974 it was sold to St. Matthew’s Lutheran in Janesville and 9 more ranks were added when it was moved there.
- The organ was sold in 1993 to Mount Olive Church, and moved to Austin by Larry Marowsky and Norman Holmes.
Many members of this congregation have been involved in rebuilding it in our previous location, and moving it to our new campus in 2005. The two-manual organ presently has 34 ranks. Norman Holmes of Concordia University in Austin was in charge of the new installation, with George Price of Houston doing the final tonal finishing.
The organ is played each week for the 8 a.m. worship service, and at all services on Christmas and Easter.