Please see the links below for more details as Mt. Olive observes social distancing through the end of June
Our Service Times
Mt. Olive offers two worship services each week, with the exception of our one combined worship service on the 5th Sundays only. The services include either a traditional/liturgical service or a praise service with contemporary Christian music. Our 5th Sunday services include holy communion and a congregation lunch to follow in our fellowship hall.
We invite you to discover the type of service you are most comfortable with and join us!
Holy Communion is celebrated every Sunday during both services. The entire service is displayed on the two large screens in the front of the sanctuary for ease of participation.
8:00 am on Sundays
Our traditional service includes chanted liturgy and traditional hymns. The Lutheran Service Book is the guide for this service.
Our Choir leads the congregation in traditional music and hymns.
10:30 am on Sundays
The contemporary service includes both spoken liturgy as well as songs of praise and worship. Service booklets are available each week.
Our Praise Team, directed by Karen Harris, leads the congregation in our music worship.
Mt. Olive – Upcoming Worship Services
Education Hour & Sunday School
9:15 am on Sundays
Adult Education Options
We offer a variety of Adult Bible education during our Education Hour – click here for more details.
- The Adult Bible Class meets in the Fellowship Hall
- The Scripture Class meets in the classroom off of the Fellowship Hall
- The Marriage and Parenting Class meets in the Conference Room
- Multi-Generational Bible Study meets in the Youth Room
Youth and Children Sunday School Options
- Children ages 2 years through 5th grade attend Sunday School in the Preschool classrooms, split into three age groups
- 2 yrs – PreK
- K – 3rd grade
- 4th – 5th grade
- Middle School and High School Youth in Grades 6 through 12 attend Sunday School in the Youth Room for age-appropriate Bible study and discussion.
- During the late service after the Children’s Message, 4 year olds through 4th grade can attend KREW (Kids Really Experiencing Worship) in the KREW room off of the Fellowship Hall. Children are returned to the sanctuary before the end of the service, or before communion on communion Sundays.
Quality childcare is available for children through 3 years old during the worship times on Sunday mornings.
Four-year-olds can start attending Sunday School during the Education Hour and KREW [Kid’s Really Experiencing Worship] during the late service.
More information can be found here.
Seasonal Worship Opportunities
On Christmas Eve, we have 3 Candlelight services. During Advent, check back for specific service times.
During Lent, the preparatory time before Easter, we have Ash Wednesday services at noon and 6:30pm, with a 5:30pm meal. On Easter Morning, we have several services from which to choose.