Holy Communion at Mt. Olive
Welcome to the celebration of Holy Communion, a central part of this community of faith.
Mt. Olive celebrates Holy Communion on Sundays on the following schedule:
- 9:00am service – 1st and 3rd Sundays
- 10:30am service – 2nd and 4th Sundays
- 5th Sunday / One Voice service at the combined 10:00 am service
We believe, as you commune, you are confessing the following as a baptized Christian:
- I believe I am a sinner and need God’s grace for the forgiveness of my sins.
- I believe the risen Christ is truly present in the Sacrament; with the bread and wine I receive His body and blood.
- I believe Jesus Christ is Lord and gives forgiveness of sins, life and salvation to all who have faith.
- I resolve, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to dedicate my life to the service of the Lord in His Body – the Church – by regular worship, sacrificial giving and thankful living.
If you have questions about these beliefs or our teachings,
please see the Pastor before partaking of Christ’s body and blood.
For communion, the ushers will invite the congregation forward by row.
All adults and children are welcome at the communion rail. Pastor will bless all children, if they wish (he asks first!).
If communing, please extend your hand to receive the host (wafer). After you receive the wine (a white grape juice option is available in the center of the tray), if you so desire, you may remain at the communion rail before returning to your seat via the outer aisle. Please place empty cup in the stand at the outer end of the front row.
Gluten-free wafers are available from the center aisle stand as you approach the altar